Frontica is owned by Akastor ASA, a Norwegian-based oil services investment company with a portfolio of industrial holdings, real estate and other investments. Akastor strives for active ownership and long-term value creation for its holdings.
Akastor was formed in 2014 when the oilfield services company Aker Solutions ASA was separated into two independent companies. Both companies are now listed on the stock exchange in Oslo.
The portfolio of businesses includes:
- MHWirth - drilling systems and lifecycle services supplier
- AKOFS Offshore - vessel-based subsea well construction and intervention services provider
- Fjords Processing - solutions provider of separation and processing systems
- KOP Surface Products - surface oil and gas equipment supplier
- Frontica - corporate services provider
- Real estate and other holdings
Akastor’s portfolio companies had 2014 revenues of about NOK 21.4 billion, EBITDA of NOK 1.4 billion and approximately 7 600 employees worldwide.
Akastor’s aim is to develop and refine our portfolio companies as stand-alone enterprises, with the goal of maximizing the value potential of each entity.